Laurel Municipal Airport (6S8) is in the process of completing an Airport Master Plan to evaluate the facilities and role the airport currently has and what will be needed in the future. KLJ in Rapid City is the firm conducting this planning process.
The project began in September 2021 and is expected to be completed in Winter of 2023. The study is being conducted in compliance with Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) guidelines and includes several key elements as follows;
- Examine Existing Conditions
- Forecast of Aviation Activity & Critical Design Aircraft
- Establish Future Facility Requirements
- Examine Alternative Facility Layouts
- Draft a new Airport Layout Plan
- Form an Implementation Plan
As meetings occur, a copy of the meeting materials will be added to this website below. Drafted documents of the master plan report can be found on the Planning Documents page.